Press Release: Legacy Magazine unveils lists of emerging young professionals in the region.
Listings will appear in the in the October 2nd editions of the Miami Herald and the Sun-Sentinel newspapers, respectively. Hollywood, FL- Opa-locka City Commissioner Matthew A. Pigatt, North Bay Village Town Commissioner Andreana Jackson,
Super Bowl Champion Bryant McKinnie, and Invest Miami/Greater Fort Lauderdale Executive Director Erica Knowles are among the noted young professionals recognized as Legacy Miami and Legacy South Florida’s 40 Under 40 Leaders of Today and Tomorrow for 2017. The honorees were nominated by past honorees and community members. Then, they were selected by the publication based on their professional and philanthropic accomplishments. This year’s “40 Under 40” issues will be distributed in the October 2nd editions of the Miami Herald and the Sun-Sentinel newspapers, respectively.
“To be young, influential and Black. It’s a powerful combination,” says Russell Motley, Legacy editor-in-chief. “Legacy magazine celebrates a talented group of professionals who are leading the way in South Florida. They are politicians, entertainers, designers, chefs, journalists, entrepreneurs, and tech experts, to name a few--all of them 40 or younger.”
The listings are also available digitally via the company’s newsletter. Legacy will host a black-tie cocktail reception and awards gala showcasing the honorees on Friday, October 6, at the Hilton Miami Airport (5101 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami). Festivities begin at 7 p.m. Miss Jessie’s Products CEO Miko Branch is delivering the keynote address and award-winning journalist Constance Simmons is hosting the gala.
“With the 40 Under 40 recognition, we aim to evoke a spirit of innovation, empowerment, and entrepreneurism,” Motley adds. “To
whom much is given, much will be required. We have high expectations for this year’s honorees. And, we’re certain this won’t be
the last time you hear about them.”
South Florida Honorees are:
1. Lisa Lee Arneaud, TV Host/ Community Outreach Programs Director, Lisa Lee, Inc. and
State Attorney's Office 17th Judicial Circuit
2. Caleine Ajusma, M.Ed, School Counselor, The School District of Palm Beach County
3. Vania Bredy, Owner/COO, Bredy Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab, LLC
4. Horace Buddoo, Mathematics Educator, Gulliver Schools
5. Lorin Burke, Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
6. Ann Charleus, J.D., Founder, SheroRising.org
7. Krystle Coleman, CEO, Midori Star Media Group
8. LaToya Davenport, MPA, Director, Program Support Services, Boys Town South Florida
9. Marcellus "Chello" Davis, Host/Actor/Comedian, Chello Works Inc.
10. Victor Demesmin, Jr., J.D., Attorney/Real Estate Associate/Mortgage Loan Originator/ Insurance Agent,
The Law Firm of Anidjar and Levine and Demesmin Power Team
11. Santra Denis, Vice President of Community Prosperity, Catalyst Miami
12. Stephane Elias, Founder & CEO, E-nnovative Health
13. Basil E. Farrington II, Chair, Adult Education Deparment, Whiddon Rogers Education Center, School Board of
14. Darryl Forges, Reporter, NBC 6
15. Joshua Fredenburg, M.Ed., President / National Speaker, Vision XY and Circle of Change Leadership Conference
16. Leslie Anne Frye-Thomas, Senior Executive Creative Director, Reel Stories Creative
17. Jimmy Haynie, Branch Manager, Wells Fargo
18. Ashleigh Hue, Interior Designer, GL Homes /Huesang Design Group
19. Rolanda Joanice, J.D., Senior Best Interest Attorney, Guardian Ad Litem Program-Miami Dade
20. Vanessa Joseph, J.D., Attorney, Catholic Charities Legal Services, Inc.
21. Peggy Laguerre, MS, Community Liaison, Sequel Youth and Family Services
22. Alain Lemaire, Executive Chef/Co-Owner, Sensory Delights
23. Debbie Origho Manigat, M.S., Family Therapist, Coach Debbie Meditates
24. Crystal Channel Mathis, CEO/ Marketing Account Representative, Press Release Marketing
25. Yolande McCray, MSN, Executive Director, Julia’s Kids, Inc.
26. Bryant McKinnie, Former NFL Star & President, B Major Foundation
27. Elizee Milhomme, Vice President of Administration, National Black MBA Association- South Florida Chapter
28. Gregoire Narcisse, Financial Advisor, Northwestern Mutual
29. Angelita Nicolas, Business Mogul, The Hot Spot 813 Fashion Boutique and Physician Family Pharmacy & Mini Clinic
30. George Odom, Jr., J.D., Managing Attorney, Law Office of George Odom Jr. P.L.
31. Andrew Palmer, MBA, Managing Director, Jencare Skin Farm & Day Spa
32. Jamala Patterson, Health Engagement Partner, Cigna
33. Adam Ramsey, O.D., Optometric Physician, Iconic Eye Care
34. Sharna Reece, Marketing Associate, Mosaic Group
35. Gabriel Sheffield, CEO & Owner, Perspectix Productions
36. Stephanie Singleton-Williams, M.Ed., CEO/ Managing Member, Superb Care, Inc. and Trio Property Buyers/Trio
37. Lasana Smith, Digital Sales Manager,Miami Herald and excelerate Digital
38. Kristy Taylor, DHSc, President & CEO, Heka Healthcare Consulting, LLC
39. Jaunai Walker, M.B.A., Sales & Leadership Speaker/Trainer, The John Maxwell Team
40. Eric Yutzy, Anchor, WPLG-Local 10
ABOUT LEGACY MAGAZINE: Established in 2004, Legacy Magazine is the premiere publication for South Florida’s Black Influencers and Affluencers. Through distribution partnerships with the Miami Herald and the Sun-Sentinel, Legacy serves millions of readers and it published bi-monthly.