…making room for this precious life… breath by breath.
Coach Debbie is making intentional space in her message and media to present moments focused on healing through breath work. Let's being with the body scan.
The body scan is a mindfulness practice in which participants practice bringing nonjudgmental, compassionate present moment awareness to every part of the body, one at a time. When participants become more deeply aware of their body-mind sensations, they may develop insight into the nature of their pain and suffering, and they have the opportunity to free themselves from unhealthy habitual emotional and cognitive reactions to sensations in their bodies. Over time, the body scan can change the way that the brain responds to and regulates visceral nervous signals and emotions, ultimately helping participants come to a healthier nervous system mind-body integration
Body scan mindfulness meditation benefits include:
* Exploring how to work with physical pain
* Finding links between emotions and physical sensations
* Showing how you can use physical sensations as a key to your emotional state
* Helping you open the door to greater mindfulness of the body using a time-honored practice
* The body scan meditation is a deep immersion into the moment-to-moment experiences of the body and mind
By bringing awareness and acknowledgment to whatever you feel or sense in the body, the body scan can be very helpful in working with stress, anxiety, and physical pain.
While you may have heard about meditations that create out-of-body experiences, the object of the body scan is to have an “in-the-body” experience. In the body scan, you methodically bring attention to the body, beginning with the left foot and ending at the top of the head.
Find more meditations and share yours with @dmempowers on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.